St. Thomas Episcopal Parish School is currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions of:
St. Thomas Episcopal Parish School is searching for an Associate Teacher who will help create a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth. The Associate will work alongside the Lead Teacher to help deepen the students' understanding of the English language through reading, writing, speaking and listening. He/she will assist the Lead Teacher in incorporating core content areas of social studies, science, technology, and math into daily instruction. The Associate will help motivate students to develop positive attitudes towards learning and the knowledge needed to provide a strong academic foundation that will prepare them for success.
- Experience working with young children in a school setting
- Work comfortably in small groups for language arts and math with all ranges of ability of students
- Work 1:1 with students who need support or enrichment- the ability to run a group without step by step instructions
- Excellent computer/technology skills
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Enjoys working with children, in small or large groups, as well with individual students
- Excellent time management organizational skills and works effectively to complete tasks in a timely manner
- A cheerful, friendly, and positive attitude
- The ability to take control and make decisions that benefit the children
- Confidential/ethical/and professional demeanor
- Clerical: photocopying, checking papers, filing, laminating, daily folders
- Respects confidentiality regarding student issues and parent/teacher relationships- refers parents back to lead teacher
- Is comfortable in the “associate” role
- Ability to be given “classroom duties” such as creating a bulletin board or teaching a lesson
- Assists with escorting students to and from special area classrooms and with lunch and after-school duties
ELEMENTARY GRADE SCHOOL TEACHER
St. Thomas Episcopal Parish School is seeking an Elementary Grade School Teacher with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience teaching elementary grades. The teacher will be responsible for creating a balanced instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth. The teacher will work to deepen students' understanding of the English language through reading, writing, speaking and listening. He/she will incorporate core content areas of social studies, science, technology, and math into daily instruction and be responsible for establishing effective rapport with colleagues, students assigned to the classroom, and their families. The teacher will motivate students to develop positive attitudes towards learning and the knowledge needed to provide a strong academic foundation that will prepare them for success. Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education required, Master’s degree preferred, Florida teacher certification with appropriate endorsements, required.
AFTERSCHOOL CARE (Monday – Friday from 1:00pm – 6:00pm)
Ideal candidate must be mature, friendly, patient, enjoy working with young children. Candidate should be able to interact effectively with students, faculty and staff. Candidate will be responsible for the safety of the children and for taking the children to the appropriate enrichment programs. Must be a high school graduate.
Ideal candidate must be mature, friendly, patient, enjoy working with young children. Willing and able to take over a class as required. Must be organized, self-sufficient, and able to interact effectively with students, parents, faculty and staff, and team with lead teacher.
Must possess professional classroom management skills, and have the ability to follow lesson plans and effectively and positively oversee and lead students in the classroom. Must have a Degree, certification a plus.
$100 daily, if less than a full day rate is prorated.
Hours are 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., or otherwise indicated.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Cristina Gonzalez Thompson, Director of Human Resources
5692 N. Kendall Drive
Coral Gables, Florida 33156
EOE M/F/V/D Drug Free Workplace.